Virtual Trick or Treat For UNICEF 2020
Our Trick or Treat UNICEF drives are now among the most successful campaigns in the tri-state New York City area. During each of the past three years we raised over $20,000 for UNICEF. Last year our efforts almost made $25,000. This does not happen without the support of many, many volunteers.
We recently met with UNICEF USA’s New York City Community Fellow, Monica Olveira. She will help us get volunteers from local colleges and high schools. Our big event is on October 26th, the Saturday before Halloween. We’ll be handing out UNICEF donation boxes and teaching our children about UNICEF’s life-saving work. This program will be in two shifts, and begin at 10 at the Grand Army Plaza farmer’s market. If we get more volunteers than needed there, we will expand our outreach to include the Central Library, then the museum and then the Botanic Garden and zoo entrances. Hopefully, we will handout out 2,000 UNICEF boxes. Our goal is to make thousands of Brooklyn’s budding youths to be better global citizens and proud of their good work.
We also will need your help on Halloween afternoon. Here are the details.
- Saturday, October 26th at the Grand Army Plaza Farmers’ Market.
- 1st shift is 10 a.m. to noon
- 2nd shift is noon to 2 p.m.
- Please email me at email@example.com with your name and the shift you can work.
- Halloween, Thursday, October 31
- We will staff three tables along 7th Ave. from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- The tables will be set up along 7th Ave.
- at Carroll St.
- and btw 11th & 12th Sts.
- Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name & preferred location.