- This event has passed.
New York Schools: A Double Crisis!!
NYC Schools: A Double Crisis!
How have pandemic and policy exacerbated the inequity in NYC public schools? What can be done? Join us at our next virtual event as we discuss these issues with our excellent panelists.
- What inequalities and problems has COVID created for low-income communities of color?
- To what extent has COVID brought pre-existing inequalities to light?
- What are the 2-3 most important changes you would make in schools to create more equity? e.g. desegregation?
- Changing curriculum? Smaller classes? Equal access to technology?
- Where can the funds come from to create a more equal educational system in NYC?
- How can changes in policy and budget be advocated for in grassroots movements?
Revamping the NYC budget?
Changes on the state and federal levels, such as cuts in the Pentagon budget
See it on Facebook. Please RSVP and invite your friends!