- This event has passed.
Climate Briefing for NYC Candidates: A Just Transition and Recovery
This briefing will provide an overview of the climate crisis in New York City, both problems and solutions, to the hundreds of candidates running for local office in 2021, including city council, mayor, comptroller, public advocate, and borough president.
Members of the public are welcome to attend!
Speakers at the briefing will include:
- Eddie Bautista (New York City Environmental Justice Alliance),
- Leslie Cagan (Peoples Climate Movement – NY),
- Judy Gonzalez (New York State Nurses Association),
- Gabriel Jamison (Brownsville Residents Green Committee),
- Danny Peralta (The Point CDC),
- Peggy Shepard (WE ACT for Environmental Justice),
- Maritza Silva-Farrell (ALIGN), and
- Jamie Tyberg (New York Communities for Change).
Please note that this non-partisan event is intended to inform candidates about the ways in which they can advance a climate justice agenda as elected officials, and is not part of an endorsement process.
Initiated by: Peoples Climate Movement – NY, WE ACT for Environmental Justice, Food & Water Watch, Sane Energy Project, the New York State Nurses Association, and ALIGN.
Co-sponsored by: Brooklyn For Peace, 350Brooklyn, March for Science NYC, New York Communities for Change, North Brooklyn Neighbors, Schaghticoke First Nations Inc., and many others