Because of your contributions, this year we were able to:
(a partial list):
- Sustain a full-time Program Coordinator, who is facilitating and energizing our programs. We continue to reach out to a younger generation, using cultural activities as well as social media.
- Reach out to our neighbors with information, petitions, and postcards at street fairs and farmer’s markets. Continued outreach to our constituents to encourage our elected officials to oppose what now appears to be an endless war.
- Hold a 2 week vigil against the war on Gaza at which we collected over two thousand signatures demanding an end to all attacks on civilians and an end to U.S. support of the Israeli occupation
- Host community forums on a wide range of topics, including “Arts and Activism;” “In Search of a Nuclear Deal with Iran;” “The Invention of the White Race;” “The US in the Middle East;” “Whistleblowers and Surveillance;” “Life and Loathing in Greater Israel;” The Ongoing Genocide in Darfur and the Crisis in South Sudan;”; “Which Way Forward: Climate Chaos or Climate Justice?”; collaboration with Fort Greene Peace on a forum, “How Should the U.S. Respond to the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria?”
- Participate in NYC Millions March/Black LIves Matter! response to police killlings of Akai Gurley, Eric Garner, Michael Brown, and others. Provide resources and connections to ongoing activities.
Letter to Our Supporters: December 2014
2014 marks 30 years of Brooklyn For Peace working for peace and justice! We are writing now because your membership and financial support are crucial for us to maintain our current level of activity and to grow.
We are very appreciative of the kind words recently expressed by Noam Chomsky regarding the significance of our 30 year history and the importance of continuity and consistency in a grassroots group. The generosity of our members has made this possible. Simply put, without funds we can’t do the work!
Basic annual membership is $30. Larger donations are very much appreciated and will be put to good use in developing our program. If you’ve already contributed in 2014, please consider an additional end-of-the-year tax-deductible contribution.
You can donate on line at our website brooklynpeace.org using PayPal or a credit card.
If you prefer, you can mail a check to:
BFP, PMB 106, 41 Schermerhorn Street, Brooklyn, New York 11201.
You can call us at 718-624-5921 to use your credit card on the phone.
Pathmakers to Peace Supporters
Thank you to our supporters and friends! Check out the Pathmakers to Peace Journal.
Thank you to the 2014 Pathmakers to Peace Supporters:
Please give your support to our supporters!
All Souls Bethlehem
Arab American Association of New York
Black Veterans for Social Justice
Bob Cook: Your PC Guru
Boerum Hill Association
BFP Anti-Militarism Committee
BFP Arts and Culture
BFP Climate Action
BFP Darfur/Africa Task Force
BFP Diversity Outreach
BFP Israel-Palestine Committee
BFP Latin America Task Force
BFP Nuclear Zero
BFP PEJ Committee
Brooklyn Historical Society
Brooklyn Society for Ethical Culture
Flatbush Food Coop
Fort Greene Peace
HolyLand Auto Repair
Hope Animal Hospital
Iraq Veterans Against the War
Jews for Racial and Ecomonic Justice
Jim Brennan, Assemblymember
Joe Kopitz and Ken Diamondstone
Letita James, Public Advocate
Long Island Alliance for Peaceful Alternatives
Make the Road
Muslim Community Network
New Yorkers Against Gun Violence Education Fund
Peace Action Bay Ride Interfaith Peace Coalition
Peace Action NYS
Prospect Perk Cafe
Queens Pride House
The Central Brooklyn MLK Commission
The Garden Food Market
United Community Center of East New York
United University Professionals
Veris Wealth Partners
Veterans for Peace
War No More on BCAT
War Resisters League
Wild Ginger Pan-Asian Cuisine
Wyckoff’s Corner Pharmacy
Yvette Clarke, Congressperson