We demand that the U.S. cease all forms of intervention in the internal affairs of the sovereign nation of Bolivia under the U.N. Charter, international law and resolutions and the OAS Charter. We call for a public condemnation of the violence committed by agents of the self-proclaimed Bolivian government, a restoration of the Bolivian Constitution and the human rights of all Bolivians which it guarantees, and free and fair elections that include all political parties.
Board of Directors, Brooklyn For Peace, December 23, 2019
What Can We Do?
- Join protests condemning the coup
- Call for an end to the violence against the Indigenous people of Bolivia
- Call for the U.S. government to cease recognition of and support for the coup government
- Pressure the media to document the human rights abuses
- Sign the Code Pink petition calling for UN High Commissioner Michelle Bachelet to visit Bolivia
- Share independent media and people’s videos documenting what is happening on social media
What Happened in Bolivia? This article was researched and written by Ann Fawcett Ambia, BFP Board Member. On her third trip to Bolivia in 2014 she monitored the national elections with the National Lawyers Guild
as part of an international delegation of trained election observers.